RSD / Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
Michigan and Co-Counsel Nationwide
Do you have Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)? It’s also known as Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS). After the body suffers an injury or a trauma, this neurological condition can seriously affect quality of life. If you or someone you know is living with this condition, an experienced RSD/CRPS attorney may be able to help. At GorenLaw, we have recovered financial compensation for clients who suffer from the chronic pain of RSD due to others’ negligent actions.
As highly respected personal injury lawyer licensed in Michigan, we connect with other qualified attorneys across the country to help RSD victims nationwide. We’re dedicated Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy lawyers who have a broad understanding of the debilitating symptoms.
RSD/CRPS lawsuits may be filed when the condition is caused by an:
- Injury, such as in a car accident
- Unnecessary surgery*
- Injection given in the wrong place
- IV infiltration that went unnoticed
RSD is a complex disease, and legal action requires a review of your medical records by experts. Our firm works with RSD specialists who contribute their expertise to each unique case. Have you have been diagnosed with RSD/CRPS? Contact us today for a free consultation. Simply call our toll-free number or fill out our interview form. A few minutes of your time could make all the difference.
RSD Lawyers Offering Free Consultations
We have helped dozens of patients across the country, because we’re a knowledgeable RSD lawyer who understands that this chronic condition is painful, permanent and expensive. An RSD lawsuit addresses the potential for a lifetime of medical bills. Some of our clients have ended up on disability. They are financially devastated, and dealing with the negative effects of the syndrome on their social and personal relationships.
There are definite benefits to choosing an attorney who is experienced in RSD/CRPS cases:
- We know how to discuss the chronic pain of this often misunderstood condition with insurance adjusters, defense lawyers and juries.
- Our experts can offer resources and powerful testimony.
- If we can help, our attorneys fight to get you fair financial compensation.
- We handle these cases on a contingency basis. You never open your wallet to pay us.
Our firm receives a percentage of the amount you are compensated. There’s no fee, unless we win the case! For more than three decades, winning personal injury judgments has been our business.
RSD/CRPS Lawsuit Information
The value of an RSD/CRPS case depends on a number of factors, including the:
- Severity of the RSD, as medically diagnosed
- Law in the state where the injury occurred, since some states cap the amount of damages awarded
- Amount of the victim’s economic damages
- Value limits on an individual’s insurance policy
Length and Cost of an RSD Case
Each jurisdiction is different, but it is common for an RSD case to take a few years rather than a few months. Due to their complexity, RSD/CRPS injury cases are also very expensive. As a Complex Regional Pain Syndrome lawyer, we understand that most sufferers do not have the money to take legal action. This is why we generally take care of the costs. Remember, as your RSD law firm, we never get paid unless you get paid!
Symptoms of RSD
Not all patients have all the signs or symptoms of RSD. The first sign is pain that is more severe than expected after bodily trauma, such as a broken bone or motor vehicle accident injury. Patients describe:
- Burning pain and/or swelling in the affected area
- Changes in skin’s temperature, sensitivity, color and characteristics
- Susceptibility to trauma in other parts of the body
- Symptoms that progressively worsen
It is very important that RSD victims be diagnosed promptly by a physician, since early treatment can lead to better results. If you’ve been diagnosed with this condition as the result of an injury or medical negligence, we invite you to contact our RSD/CRPS lawyers now.
*RSD resulting from surgery is a recognized complication of a surgical procedure. We do not review cases where an allegation of malpractice is based solely on RSD occurring after surgery.